Thursday

WE ARE LEARNING TO WRITE CREATIVE STORIES:

One evening last summer Jim and Debbie took a drive down the road. It turned out to be a long drive and a very dark spooky night. Suddenly Jim and Debbie heard a noise. CRASH, BANG, BANG! It was a flying saucer. “Hide, hide!” said Debbie. “I’m scared!” said Jim. Jim and Debbie ran as fast as they could the bushes. It was a very prickly and bumpy bush. WHIRRRR! “What’s that?” yelled Debbie.

Two froggy looking aliens jumped out of the flying saucer. “Hi. My name is Cumby, his name is Gumby. Do you want to come for a ride?” Cumby pulled Jim and Debbie into the flying saucer. “Do you want me to tell you a bed time story about the place we are taking you?” asked Gumby. “Okay,” said Jim. ‘Well, we are taking you a big humungous palace full of cobwebs and spooky spiders. Also there’s a tiny tiny attic where Cumby and I keep our interesting things that we see floating in space.” “I’m a bit tired,” yawned Jim. “Same,” said Debbie. They both fell asleep.

In the morning when Jim and Debbie woke up Jim realized that Gumby was sleeping on him. Jim kicked Gumby off him. Gumby went flying up to the roof and bumped the tip of his nose and landed SPLAT on his tummy.

Debbie said “What’s for breakfast?” Cumby said “Either bark or sand.” “Yuck!” said Jim
and Debbie, “Do you have anything else?” “Don’t you like bark or sand? Did you know bark and sand are the yummiest breakfast in the world?”

“I want to go home,” whispered Debbie. “Same!” said Jim. “Should we get out of the flying saucer and then jump?” “Okay, but how do you open the door?” asked Debbie. “Try pressing all the buttons,” said Jim. “Okay, but what happens if I press the wrong button?” “I don’t know, don’t ask me!” said Jim. “I’m not sure about this Jim!” said Debbie. “Don’t worry. It’ll be fine, just fine. I’ll do the top row, you do the bottom row,” said Jim. “Okay. Jim, what do you think the green buttons are for?” asked Debbie. “I don’t know, just press it alright! Bamboo sticks and poisonous trees!!!” said Jim.

Jim didn’t know what was happening. He could feel the flying saucer vibrating. “I knew I shouldn’t have pressed the green button!” “What’s wrong with you?” asked Debbie. “Are we flying?”said Jim. “AAAAAAH!” said Jim and Debbie. Crash, bang, splat! The flying saucer crashed through an old cracking window. “OUCH!!!” Jim and Debbie screamed.

“I wonder who lived in here?” whispered Debbie. “Whoever does live in here, I bet him or her will be very cross with us,” said Jim. “Hey, what does that sign say? ‘This is no one’s house.’ Shall we live in here?” asked Debbie. “Yes!” said Jim and they lived happily ever after.

Eva

No comments:

Post a Comment